For some reason, I really wanted to type my playlist faves for the month.
"Say Hey (I Love You", Michael Franti and Spearhead: It's got a raggae vibe, and perfectly flirtatious groove.
"If It Kills Me", Jason Mraz: Probably one of my favorite songs of his.
"Beautiful", G. Love and Tristan Pettyman: If you're a fan of G. Love and Special Sauce, this is a break off ditty that's good enough to listen on a summer night.
"If There's Love", Citizen Cope: Yummy!
"Going On", Gnarls Barkley: Yes, yes, yes. I love this song, and it definitely motivates you in love, life, whatever.
"Where Is My Mind", The Pixies: This is a classic nudge to a particular era, and while most people will remember it as the song playing in "Fight Club"'s credits, it's been a staple of mine for a long time.
"Oh Yeah", Chickenfoot: Any time I can hear Sammy Hagar's voice on a new song, I'm happy.
"Panic Switch", Silversun Pickups: Tempo, melody, guitars...I love this song. Great for training.
"Scream", Michael Jackson (featuring Janet Jackson): Of course we all heard the news by now. Of all my favorite songs that M.J. blessed us with, this is the one that pumps me up. Watching Michael with his sister (who I credit for the reason I started dancing) just gives me chills. And that dance break? Holy Christmas, that was so awesome! I loved this song, loved Michael, and even as I type this am having a hard time composing myself. He was one of the best, hands down. He will be dearly, deeply missed, but his music is that much more loved now that he's gone. Dance in peace, my friend.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment