Monday, August 25, 2008

A-Mix 30/June 2008

"We Made It" (featuring Linkin Park), Busta Rhymes--This was a great song to run to when I started training. Hardcore at night.

"Energy", Keri Hilson--Very emotional!

"Let Me Think About It", Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand--When I had Sirius radio, one of the stations played this and I went crazy trying to find the track before it was issued on iTunes.

"Stripper" (rock mix), Sohodolls-- Featured in the "Victor/Victrola" episode of Gossip Girl during Blair's burlesque scene. Regardless of the risque material, it's still got a playful, gritty feel.

"Optimistic", Radiohead--By far one of my favorite Radiohead songs.

"Fake Plastic Trees", Radiohead--" "

"Unfinished Sympathy", Massive Attack--I bought the Sliver soundtrack in like, '99 and that was my first intro to Massive Attack. I think it's safe to say I created a monster.

"Magic", Robin Thicke--Because it's Robin Thicke. Duh.

"I Miss You", Incubus--Of course, there's always gonna be some lost tracks that I wanted to hear in my car again. Countless days were spent in my Wrangler with the top down, playing this song as an in love teenager.

"I'm Amazed", My Morning Jacket--This was a great summer, by-the-poolside song.

"I'm Not Over", Carolina Liar--This song speaks for itself. Anyone who's getting through heartache will relate.

"Spaz", N.E.R.D.--Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo rawk my sawks! Great song for the ego.

"Honestly", Zwan--If anyone ever dared to listen to Billy Corgan's "band" after the Pumpkins disbanded, you'd never know you were listening to another group. Still, this was a cute ditty.

"I Told You So", Keith Urban--*blushes* Well, it's a good song.

"How I Go", Yellowcard--This song listens like a poem from parent to child, completed by Natalie Maines (Yeah, THAT Dixie Chick) singing a powerful backing melody. Definitely a reflective type of song.

"Fighters" Lupe Fiasco--Again, something a little wistful. But Lupe does the song up right, beyond my explanation. This was my ringtone at one point, so it musta been good!

"Pretty Please (Love Me) [featuring Cee-Lo), Estelle--Love it. Just give it a whirl.

"November Rain", Guns N' Roses--I felt like backtracking to the early 90s with this epic. Every time I hear it, I play the video in my mind...and cry when Axl wails at the end.

No comments: