Monday, August 25, 2008

A-Mix 35/August 2008

"Don't Think I Don't Think About It", Darius Rucker--Dude, Hootie left the Blowfish and went country. Not bad.

"Got Me Going", Day 26--After watching Diddy put these boys together, I figured at least one hit would come about. I was right. I love dancing to this.

"Keep Me Warm", Ida Maria--Come on now. If any of you Grey's Anatomy fans saw the finale (spoiler alert!), you know you melted when Derek smothered Meredith with a lovely kiss. The backroung noise was this song, and I totally imagine having a Mer/Der moment like theirs when I hear it.

"Be Gentle With Me", The Boy Least Likely To--Again, another G.R. song, this time from season 2. It's basically, theme song of my love life.

"Mercy", Duffy--I know a lot of people have been categorizing her with Amy Winehouse, but I think she's got a voice all her own.

"The Light", Common--I heard this on the radio about a week or so ago, and as I am a Common fan, this made sense to download and playlist.

"Wait Another Day", Uh Huh Her--A little soulful and POP-py.

"The Love We Got", Karina--I just melt like buttah when I hear this song.

"Mr. Carter", Lil' Wayne (featuring Jay-Z)--Two Carters, one track. It was bound to happen.

"All These Things That I Have Done", The Killers--I don't know what happened to this cd, but I fell in love with this song shortly after my baptism. ...Maybe I felt connected to Brandon Flowers, who's Mormon.

"Kashmir", Led Zepplin--This song has got me through many a morning run. Classic.

"Cause I Love You", Lenny Williams--Um, if you've ever watched The Original Kings of Comedy, you'll remember what Steve Harvey said about this song. Otherwise, play it as a homage to a man who knew what love is...and sang about for it nearly 10 minutes.

"Far Away", Nickelback--You can't escape these men no matter how hard you try, but this song definitely has a place in my heart.

"Get It Big", Trap Starz Click--Lol...Just the lyrics are enough to make you either feel like a hot chica...or royally offended. Still, I'll play this in my car any day.

1 comment:

BlueSkiesBreaking said...

"Mercy" by Duffy is totally my ringtone on my phone! I love it!!