Sunday, December 04, 2005
It's All About Nina
I didn't realize until a minute ago that I named my guitar after one of my most loved singers on the planet, Nina Simone. If I could sing like her, I'd be the happiest woman ever. Then again, her voice is truly original, so no one could emulate it. Got me thinking. If I were stuck in a room with a bunch of crooners, who would they be? Hmm...
Nina Simone, of course.
Jeff Buckley, so I could ask him how the hell he wrote some of the material he did.
Tina Turner. Gosh...Tina. I grew up listening to her music, did my 7th grade biography project on her...I even had a Tina wig (60s wig, not the crazy afro looking thing).
The entire Rat Pack. Love 'em all, Dino the most. I'd want to hear all of their tales.
Marvin Gaye. He was such a prominent figure of his time and still is. I'd love to hear how "What's Going On" or "Sexual Healing" came up.
Janis Joplin, cause she's a woman of the blues. Truly.
Etta James, because I still think she owes me for canceling her last tour date here in Houston. Oh, was I pissed.
Chino Moreno. That man can mix screaming with melodic voicing so well.
Adam Levine. Well...cause...he's Adam Levine. I like his style. The songs "Woman" and "Secret" made for some of the tunes for sucking face. ...Yeah...God bless Maroon 5.
Mariah Carey. You can't be a child of the 80s, 90s, or 00s without knowing that she changed the music world with her pipes. I'd like to see her hit a high C and shatter glass.
Jonny Lang. I sing the blues best and I'd love to duet with him on a few of his songs. They're all honest.
...This is a strange entry to write, but it was just one of my many thoughts this morning.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment